Jun 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
AT&T Park is in a beautiful location by the water. But water can be dangerous, folks:
A 27-year-old man reported missing after attending Monday night’s Giants-Dodgers game may have fallen off San Francisco’s Piers 30-32 into the bay, police said.
The man — wearing a Dodgers jacket — was talking to his friend and then walked away. As he did so, the friend messed with his phone for a bit, looked up and the guy was gone.
There’s nothing about it in the story, but one has to wonder if, after a ballgame, alcohol was involved.
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 0
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 14
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 14
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)