Jun 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
AT&T Park is in a beautiful location by the water. But water can be dangerous, folks:
A 27-year-old man reported missing after attending Monday night’s Giants-Dodgers game may have fallen off San Francisco’s Piers 30-32 into the bay, police said.
The man — wearing a Dodgers jacket — was talking to his friend and then walked away. As he did so, the friend messed with his phone for a bit, looked up and the guy was gone.
There’s nothing about it in the story, but one has to wonder if, after a ballgame, alcohol was involved.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)