Jun 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
AT&T Park is in a beautiful location by the water. But water can be dangerous, folks:
A 27-year-old man reported missing after attending Monday night’s Giants-Dodgers game may have fallen off San Francisco’s Piers 30-32 into the bay, police said.
The man — wearing a Dodgers jacket — was talking to his friend and then walked away. As he did so, the friend messed with his phone for a bit, looked up and the guy was gone.
There’s nothing about it in the story, but one has to wonder if, after a ballgame, alcohol was involved.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)