Jun 26, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
That move makes room on the roster for top prospect Martin Perez’s promotion from Triple-A, but instead of putting the 21-year-old Perez into the rotation the Rangers are turning back to Scott Feldman again. Feldman was upset about being demoted back to the bullpen despite going 1-6 with a 6.43 ERA in eight starts.
Lewis, who started 32 games and threw 200 innings in each of his first two seasons with the Rangers, had a 3.51 ERA and 90/12 K/BB ratio through 15 starts and 100 innings this year.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 27
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 44
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)