Jun 26, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
That move makes room on the roster for top prospect Martin Perez’s promotion from Triple-A, but instead of putting the 21-year-old Perez into the rotation the Rangers are turning back to Scott Feldman again. Feldman was upset about being demoted back to the bullpen despite going 1-6 with a 6.43 ERA in eight starts.
Lewis, who started 32 games and threw 200 innings in each of his first two seasons with the Rangers, had a 3.51 ERA and 90/12 K/BB ratio through 15 starts and 100 innings this year.
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 11
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 139
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (139)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)