Jun 26, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
That move makes room on the roster for top prospect Martin Perez’s promotion from Triple-A, but instead of putting the 21-year-old Perez into the rotation the Rangers are turning back to Scott Feldman again. Feldman was upset about being demoted back to the bullpen despite going 1-6 with a 6.43 ERA in eight starts.
Lewis, who started 32 games and threw 200 innings in each of his first two seasons with the Rangers, had a 3.51 ERA and 90/12 K/BB ratio through 15 starts and 100 innings this year.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)