Jun 26, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
That move makes room on the roster for top prospect Martin Perez’s promotion from Triple-A, but instead of putting the 21-year-old Perez into the rotation the Rangers are turning back to Scott Feldman again. Feldman was upset about being demoted back to the bullpen despite going 1-6 with a 6.43 ERA in eight starts.
Lewis, who started 32 games and threw 200 innings in each of his first two seasons with the Rangers, had a 3.51 ERA and 90/12 K/BB ratio through 15 starts and 100 innings this year.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)