Jun 26, 2012, 1:02 PM EST
There’s a pretty good argument to be made that Bush beat Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 because, on a very basic level, he was a more likable guy while his opponents seemed like humorless prigs. Remember all that “who would you rather have a beer with?” stuff? Anyway, Mitt Romney seems to be playing the Gore/Kerry role this time around with respect to L’Affaire Obama/Youkilis:
Mitt Romney’s campaign is chiding President Barack Obama this morning for being insensitive to Boston Red Sox fans … the Romney campaign said Obama “went to the heart of Red Sox nation and committed an error.” It added that Obama “chose to mock them for trading away one of its favorite players at a time when the team is struggling”
And here I thought the folks in the comments going after Obama for his Youkilis comment this morning were humorless.
I’m sorry, but if you can’t mock Red Sox fans, what’s the point of living anymore?
Of course, Obama’s press secretary isn’t helping. He’s claiming the crowd wasn’t booing, it was just saying “Yoooouuuk!”
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 0
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)