Jun 26, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Padilla reports that Dempster “will miss at least one more start” and because he’s yet to throw off a mound it wouldn’t be surprising if he didn’t return before the All-Star break.
Missing an extra turn or two in the rotation isn’t a huge deal, except in Dempster’s case he’s very likely to be traded … as long as teams are convinced he’s healthy. And if he sits out an extra week or two that might only leave 3-4 starts to prove he’s back to normal before the July 31 trade deadline.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)