Taunter-in-Chief: Obama gets booed in Boston after Youkilis jab

Jun 26, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT

President Obama — a White Sox fan — spoke in Boston yesterday, and it wasn’t his intention to tell the people what they wanted to hear:

For balance, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney was asked to comment on the Youkilis trade from the Red Sox perspective. He issued a statement saying that his position on the trade “has long been clear.” When no one could find his position on the trade, he said he was a against it. When footage was then found of him supporting a Youkilis trade back in primary season he blamed Obama for the Red Sox being in last place.

118 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. lampdwellr - Jun 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM

The 57 States thing, guys? Really? He was saying how much traveling he’d been doing for his campaign and couldn’t remember if he’d been to 47 or 48 states. Then he misspoke. Then later he made fun of it. Don’t be dumb.

• blackandbluedivision - Jun 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Umm. Doesn’t matter if he misspoke. Anybody who got past 7th grade knows how many states there are. Of all people the potential POTUS had better know. I don’t care how tired he was. How many states he went through. You stop and think before you speak.

• thefalcon123 - Jun 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM

So, you posted similar statements about our last President roughly everyday?

”People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in’s house and say I love you.”

”Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.”

”Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?”

Or we could go to other President’s. Like the time Bush Sr said “For seven and a half years I’ve worked alongside President Reagan. We’ve had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We’ve had some sex…”

“”Facts are stupid things.”- Regan

I’m sure there are plenty for Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Richard Nixon, LBJ, JFK, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR, etc as well. When you’re in the public that often and every word you say is reported on, you’re bound to say something stupid and stick your foot in your mouth every now and again. Obviously Barack Obama knows how many states there are. People clinging to this as a sign of his character is doing nothing more than showing his or her willful ignorance or shameless willingness to use a one time verbal screwup to make a political point.

• pisano - Jun 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM

In reality, this guy has slung so much horseshit that he’s getting confused on even things a third grader knows. Let’s not forger the “corpseman” another foot in the mouth statement.

• georgebrett - Jun 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Misspoke? I guess he misspeaks all the time then because he messes up all the time. Accident, I don’t think so.;

• oicuradik - Jun 26, 2012 at 2:28 PM

You are dumb for backing a ******* who makes a national comment and screws it up…that is part of our nations problem, we are readily willing to make excuses for any and all screw ups.

2. jlovenotjlo - Jun 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Keep this up, Obama, and I’ll end up voting for you

3. randygnyc - Jun 26, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I wonder what would happen to me if I intentionally sold automatic weapons to known felons that were then used in the murder of federal agent? Holder and that scumbag, Ba’raq, should both be on death row, awaiting execution.

• lostsok - Jun 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Well, when Reagan sold weapons of mass destruction to terrorists and then gave the money to people who murdered nuns…he got reelected.

• 18thstreet - Jul 1, 2012 at 7:15 PM

What are the thumbs-down for? This actually happened, just the way Lostsok described it. There was some other stuff, too, but that’s the gist of it.

• pisano - Jun 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

randy…maybe not death row, but should both be held accountable, and quit lying for each other.

4. illegalblues - Jun 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Good thread. Convinced more than ever that the general public has absolutely no idea how politics works/what works for society. The crap people are discussing regarding this election is absolutely embarrassing. Your children are going to suffer because you can’t think for yourself.

Both sides in this election are horrible. The only one is this whole damn election that had a platform and not a PR comity was Ron Paul but you know how that goes.

• lostsok - Jun 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Ron Paul is a whackadoodle. I’ve got naval lint that I would rather see president than a crazy old goofball like Paul.

• marshmallowsnake - Jun 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Did the mainstream media help you come to this conclusion? They do a great job dictating how people should think.

• cosanostra71 - Jun 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I voted for Ron Paul in the primary, and plan on doing so again in the general election. Ron Paul 2012!

• 18thstreet - Jul 1, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Speaking for Democrats everywhere: THANKS! Tell your friends.

5. oicuradik - Jun 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Can he say douche?

6. buffalomafia - Jun 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Obama should be worrying about jobs, economy, illegal immigration, how other countries are starting to gang up on us & he isn’t doing squat!

Ooooph did I mention jobs?

• lostsok - Jun 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

It was an opening remark. Lighten up.

7. barackfan - Jun 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I remember Mitt saying it was the President who wanted to take the Red Sox bats.

8. barrywhererufrom - Jun 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

And let me know when that next Catholic suicide bomber strikes you jerkoff
    Timothy McVeigh? What about Anders Behring Breivik? Are those recent enough for you? What about the KKK?

Dude Timothy McVeigh attacked the US Govt in Oklahoma because of their actions against Catholics? What drugs are you on? McVeigh was separatist.. Also Anders Breivik is suffering from multiple personality and pyschosis. You mean to tell me you are going to equate this instance from individuals who have nothing to do with their religion to HAMAS, AL QAEDA, ABADAJAD a man who is the head of an Islamist republic? Finally your point that the KKK is a Catholic Organization is so freaking moronic I have no words..Dude they persecuted Catholics. Again equating Catholics to Al Qaeda is beyond insulting and moronic even for you! You tell me where Priests, Churches have sanctioned bombings..just let me know..

9. barrywhererufrom - Jun 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Hey falcon you Morin did you see that the president of Iran a member of the Muslim brotherhood called for the release of convicted terrorist Abdel rachman the mastermind of the 1993 wtc attack? You are either so naive you believe everything from msnbc or you are freaking Morin..I think its both

Giants, Royals took unique paths to WS