The final NL All-Star balloting update before the teams are set

Jun 26, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT

All Star Game Logo

There’s still time to vote, but if it ended now, the NL All-Star team would look like so.

Changes to possible starters: Ryan Braun pulled ahead of Melky Cabrera for the third outfield slot, reversing last week’s reversal. Otherwise, the same old same old, with the changes only affecting downballot stuff:

CATCHER

Ryan Braun, Brewers: 3,168,617
Melky Cabrera, Giants: 3,045,884
Andre Ethier, Dodgers: 1,948,973
Matt Holliday, Cardinals: 1,880,342
Andrew McCutchen, Pirates: 1,685,543

1. pkswally024 - Jun 26, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Chooch should be the starter!

• sasquash20 - Jun 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

You could make the case for Molina but no way Posey should get the starting nod or even be there over Chooch.

2. randygnyc - Jun 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM

How did Ryan Howard receive nearly a million votes? If for no other reason, fans with a Philadelphia ISP, shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

3. humanexcrement - Jun 26, 2012 at 4:42 PM

The Cards fans sure came out in droves for this one.

• shaka49 - Jun 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I’m not sure what the problem is. Outside of Berkman getting any votes at all, all of the other Cardinals deserved the consideration.

4. natsattack - Jun 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Baseball is populated only by Cardinal and Giants fans, apparently. It is good to see Altuve at second though, didnt think he was going to get any votes in Houston.

• stlouis1baseball - Jun 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Although there are certainly alot of Cardinals fans out their…other than Berkman the list looks solid to me.

5. soundsofsuccess7 - Jun 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Freddie freeman.. interesting.. he’s been warming my fantasy baseball bench for the last month.. I like him though

6. blues1988 - Jun 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Molina got robbed, everything else looks fine to me. would have liked to see altuve beat those 2 out, especially brandon Philips. altuve really has impressed me this year every time the cards have played him and Philips has not.

7. cambodianbreastmilk - Jun 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Berkman is in 2nd place behind Votto? Seriously!? Cardinal & Giants fans are DELUSIONAL. I don’t have an issue with Posey or Melky, but Sandoval no way. The guy has missed 7wks, and had it not been for Kyle Seager, my fantasy team would’ve been in the toilet. I agree that McCutchen should be starting, especially since Kemp will most likely be sitting. The best part about this is that I don’t see any of my goddamn Padres on the list. Lol FML!

• ajcardsfan - Jun 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hey, I’m Cardinals fan and I didn’t vote for Berkman, why the hell would I vote for an injury, my vote went to Votto who deserves it. I also didn’t select Holliday for my outfield – Cabrera, Beltran and Braun [only reason I didn't select Kemp was because I wanted my entire fantasy team outfield chose - I know that I will get thumbed down for this]

• stlouis1baseball - Jun 27, 2012 at 8:52 AM

The only Cardinal I see who shouldn’t be on the list is Berkman.
      I am obviously biased…but I think Yadi should be starting w/ Ruiz backing him up.
      Uggla having 2.6 to B. Phillips’ 1.8 is incredibly surprising.
      Otherwise, everything seems to stack up.

8. dirtyharry1971 - Jun 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

i got a better idea, can we just do away with this boring game all together? at least the NFL realized this with the pro bowl, think its time for MLB to realize this also.

9. greenjdo - Jun 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM

I think this could be the only time THE MAJOR LEAGUE LEADER IN BATTING AVERAGE will miss the all star game… I’m still voting for CHOOOOOOCH

10. Jennie Oemig - Jun 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I know that Buster Posey and Yadier Molina are both deserving, but it sucks that Chooch won’t get the start! http://98ontheblack.com/2012/06/28/the-year-of-the-catcher-who-will-make-the-all-star-cut/

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3196)