Jun 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
When Marlon Byrd was suspended yesterday a lot of people immediately looked, so to speak, at Victor Conte. Conte being (a) Byrd’s supplement guru; and (b) the guy behind BALCO, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Marion Jones and all the rest.
“I didn’t have anything to do with this,” said Conte when reached for comment. Yeah. Sure. Just what a dirty ex-con drug dealer would say! Get ‘em, boys!
“Victor had nothing to do with this,” Byrd told USA TODAY Sports in a text message. “He didn’t know about me taking tamoxifen or the positive test until two days ago” … The drug was supplied by a holistic lifestyle coach, Conte said, that Byrd declined to identify.
Byrd has taken a lot of crap over the years for working with Conte. But dude, he should be under WAY more scrutiny for listening to something called a “holistic life coach.”
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 7
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 92
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (92)