Jun 27, 2012, 4:06 PM EST
UPDATE: The Dodgers just announced that Ethier has a left oblique injury. That’s tough stuff, as it figures to mean a DL stint. The Dodgers are already crippled offensively, so this is not what anyone needed. Well, the Giants will take it even if they know better than to gloat, but no one in Dodger Land needs it.
Ethier left the Dodgers-Giants game after sliding awkwardly into second base following a walk in the first inning. There have not yet been any updates regarding his condition, but he is gone. Some have tweeted that it seems like a hand injury.
Updates as warranted. Any updates that involve an extended absence of Ethier when the Dodgers have already lost Matt Kemp will be preceded by a warning for Dodgers fans to sit down before reading.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)