Jun 27, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Dodgers just announced that Ethier has a left oblique injury. That’s tough stuff, as it figures to mean a DL stint. The Dodgers are already crippled offensively, so this is not what anyone needed. Well, the Giants will take it even if they know better than to gloat, but no one in Dodger Land needs it.
Ethier left the Dodgers-Giants game after sliding awkwardly into second base following a walk in the first inning. There have not yet been any updates regarding his condition, but he is gone. Some have tweeted that it seems like a hand injury.
Updates as warranted. Any updates that involve an extended absence of Ethier when the Dodgers have already lost Matt Kemp will be preceded by a warning for Dodgers fans to sit down before reading.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 5
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)