Jun 27, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Dodgers just announced that Ethier has a left oblique injury. That’s tough stuff, as it figures to mean a DL stint. The Dodgers are already crippled offensively, so this is not what anyone needed. Well, the Giants will take it even if they know better than to gloat, but no one in Dodger Land needs it.
Ethier left the Dodgers-Giants game after sliding awkwardly into second base following a walk in the first inning. There have not yet been any updates regarding his condition, but he is gone. Some have tweeted that it seems like a hand injury.
Updates as warranted. Any updates that involve an extended absence of Ethier when the Dodgers have already lost Matt Kemp will be preceded by a warning for Dodgers fans to sit down before reading.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 8
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires