Jun 27, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Dodgers just announced that Ethier has a left oblique injury. That’s tough stuff, as it figures to mean a DL stint. The Dodgers are already crippled offensively, so this is not what anyone needed. Well, the Giants will take it even if they know better than to gloat, but no one in Dodger Land needs it.
Ethier left the Dodgers-Giants game after sliding awkwardly into second base following a walk in the first inning. There have not yet been any updates regarding his condition, but he is gone. Some have tweeted that it seems like a hand injury.
Updates as warranted. Any updates that involve an extended absence of Ethier when the Dodgers have already lost Matt Kemp will be preceded by a warning for Dodgers fans to sit down before reading.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)