Jun 27, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Dodgers just announced that Ethier has a left oblique injury. That’s tough stuff, as it figures to mean a DL stint. The Dodgers are already crippled offensively, so this is not what anyone needed. Well, the Giants will take it even if they know better than to gloat, but no one in Dodger Land needs it.
Ethier left the Dodgers-Giants game after sliding awkwardly into second base following a walk in the first inning. There have not yet been any updates regarding his condition, but he is gone. Some have tweeted that it seems like a hand injury.
Updates as warranted. Any updates that involve an extended absence of Ethier when the Dodgers have already lost Matt Kemp will be preceded by a warning for Dodgers fans to sit down before reading.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)