Jun 27, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
There hasn’t been Harper/Trout level hype for Anthony Rizzo, but hype there has been, and Cubs fans finally got to see their hope for future power make his Cubbie debut last night. It went well.
Actually, it went a little better in the box score than it did in reality, as the single he had should probably have been an error and the double he had probably should have been a single. History, however, will show that he went 2-for-4 with an RBI.
A lot of people seem to forget that this wasn’t Rizzo’s major league debut — he
had 49 at bats played 49 games for the Padres last year — but this does feel like one anyway. For his part, Cubs GM Jed Hoyer admitted that Rizzo was probably rushed last season when both of them worked for the Padres.
He and others in the organization feel better about things now.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (151)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)