Jun 27, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
In case this video disappears, watch it here.
Dusty Baker was not happy with it afterwards, saying “we don’t play like that.” Teammate Ryan Hanigan said “you can’t be doing that at the end of the day.” Corey Hart of the Brewers said he didn’t care. Others voiced surprise. Given that the Brewers did the whole bowling ball home run celebration a couple of years ago, I presume that Milwaukee should probably take Hart’s tack and limit their outrage.
Chapman’s translator told the press that Chapman wanted to apologize but that he couldn’t because he was not “able to talk.” OK.
Just another chapter in a year of weirdness for Aroldis Chapman.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)