Jun 27, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
In case this video disappears, watch it here.
Dusty Baker was not happy with it afterwards, saying “we don’t play like that.” Teammate Ryan Hanigan said “you can’t be doing that at the end of the day.” Corey Hart of the Brewers said he didn’t care. Others voiced surprise. Given that the Brewers did the whole bowling ball home run celebration a couple of years ago, I presume that Milwaukee should probably take Hart’s tack and limit their outrage.
Chapman’s translator told the press that Chapman wanted to apologize but that he couldn’t because he was not “able to talk.” OK.
Just another chapter in a year of weirdness for Aroldis Chapman.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)