Jun 27, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Houston manager Brad Mills has decided to go with a six-man rotation through the All-Star break. The reason? Bud Norris is coming back and the Astros are so happy with the guy who has been replacing him – Dallas Keuchel — that they don’t want to send him back down.
Eh, their call, but it’s not like Keuchel seems worth the fuss. He’s pitched superficially well in his brief stint, posting a 1.29 ERA in a couple of starts, but it’s a little misleading. He has 14 innings and in that time has only struck out five dudes while walking five. His k-rate has been fairly unremarkable in the minors too, and he’s mostly seen success when repeating a level, which is the sign of a guy who isn’t a stud prospect.
But hey, why not? The Astros aren’t going anywhere. If they want to take a closer look at Keuchel for a couple of weeks while giving some of the other starters a break, no biggie.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)