Jun 27, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Why is it that Daisuke Matsuzaka and now Yu Darvish have walked so many more batters in the U.S. than they did back in Japan? Red Sox skipper Bobby Valentine, who previously managed the Chiba Lotte Mariners for seven years, has an idea that Japanese pitchers actually strive to get to the 3-2 count before trying to put away a batter.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106