Jun 27, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
It was termed a precautionary move, suggesting that Phillips is expected to be fine. Miguel Cairo took over at second base for the Reds.
Phillips had an RBI single the half-inning after the play.
Update: Phillips said after the game that he was a bit woozy after taking the forearm to the head, but that he still hopes to play Thursday against the Giants.
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 2
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 57
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 83
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)