Jun 27, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
It was termed a precautionary move, suggesting that Phillips is expected to be fine. Miguel Cairo took over at second base for the Reds.
Phillips had an RBI single the half-inning after the play.
Update: Phillips said after the game that he was a bit woozy after taking the forearm to the head, but that he still hopes to play Thursday against the Giants.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69