Jun 27, 2012, 2:42 PM EST
It was termed a precautionary move, suggesting that Phillips is expected to be fine. Miguel Cairo took over at second base for the Reds.
Phillips had an RBI single the half-inning after the play.
Update: Phillips said after the game that he was a bit woozy after taking the forearm to the head, but that he still hopes to play Thursday against the Giants.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27