Jun 27, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
This is not good:
CC Sabathia will be placed on the DL with a Grade 1 groin strain. Out until after the All-Star break.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 27, 2012
He apparently felt it, or at least told the team about it, after taking bullpen yesterday. My guess: it happened when Spider Man flew out of his butt. UPDATE: It apparently happened during the Yankees-Mets game over the weekend but he didn’t tell the team about it until after his bullpen session yesterday.
Freddy Garcia will take Sabathia’s next turn in the rotation, which would have been Friday, and the turn after that. If things go well, that’s all he should miss.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)