Jun 27, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
This is not good:
CC Sabathia will be placed on the DL with a Grade 1 groin strain. Out until after the All-Star break.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 27, 2012
He apparently felt it, or at least told the team about it, after taking bullpen yesterday. My guess: it happened when Spider Man flew out of his butt. UPDATE: It apparently happened during the Yankees-Mets game over the weekend but he didn’t tell the team about it until after his bullpen session yesterday.
Freddy Garcia will take Sabathia’s next turn in the rotation, which would have been Friday, and the turn after that. If things go well, that’s all he should miss.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)