Jun 27, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
This is not good:
CC Sabathia will be placed on the DL with a Grade 1 groin strain. Out until after the All-Star break.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 27, 2012
He apparently felt it, or at least told the team about it, after taking bullpen yesterday. My guess: it happened when Spider Man flew out of his butt. UPDATE: It apparently happened during the Yankees-Mets game over the weekend but he didn’t tell the team about it until after his bullpen session yesterday.
Freddy Garcia will take Sabathia’s next turn in the rotation, which would have been Friday, and the turn after that. If things go well, that’s all he should miss.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)