Jun 27, 2012, 11:24 AM EST
This is not good:
CC Sabathia will be placed on the DL with a Grade 1 groin strain. Out until after the All-Star break.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 27, 2012
He apparently felt it, or at least told the team about it, after taking bullpen yesterday. My guess: it happened when Spider Man flew out of his butt. UPDATE: It apparently happened during the Yankees-Mets game over the weekend but he didn’t tell the team about it until after his bullpen session yesterday.
Freddy Garcia will take Sabathia’s next turn in the rotation, which would have been Friday, and the turn after that. If things go well, that’s all he should miss.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)