Jun 27, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
This is not good:
CC Sabathia will be placed on the DL with a Grade 1 groin strain. Out until after the All-Star break.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 27, 2012
He apparently felt it, or at least told the team about it, after taking bullpen yesterday. My guess: it happened when Spider Man flew out of his butt. UPDATE: It apparently happened during the Yankees-Mets game over the weekend but he didn’t tell the team about it until after his bullpen session yesterday.
Freddy Garcia will take Sabathia’s next turn in the rotation, which would have been Friday, and the turn after that. If things go well, that’s all he should miss.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)