Jun 27, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
We figured this would happen, but now it’s official: Chase Utley is in tonight’s lineup, batting third and playing his usual second base. And Charlie Manuel announced the plan for him going forward. From CSNPhilly.com:
Charlie Manuel said Utley will play two games, then receive a day off, at least until the All-Star break. Because Utley played Tuesday for the IronPigs, he won’t play Thursday against Pittsburgh.
Makes sense to go slow. Welcome back, Chase Utley.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)