Jun 27, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
We figured this would happen, but now it’s official: Chase Utley is in tonight’s lineup, batting third and playing his usual second base. And Charlie Manuel announced the plan for him going forward. From CSNPhilly.com:
Charlie Manuel said Utley will play two games, then receive a day off, at least until the All-Star break. Because Utley played Tuesday for the IronPigs, he won’t play Thursday against Pittsburgh.
Makes sense to go slow. Welcome back, Chase Utley.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27