Jun 27, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is not in today’s lineup. Yesterday was Derek Jeter’s birthday. I have a feeling those two things aren’t a coincidence.
An I think I speak for everyone when I say that there are a lot of times that I wish I was Derek Jeter.
Anyway, Jeter is now 38 years-old and is still the starting shortstop for a championship caliber team, he’s hitting .305 and there is no legit argument that he doesn’t deserve that job. So much has been written about him over the years, lots of overheated praise, lots of legit criticism and vice-versa, but it’s undeniable that we’ve been watching one of the best ever for all of these years and sometimes it’s worth simply appreciating that.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)