Jun 27, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is not in today’s lineup. Yesterday was Derek Jeter’s birthday. I have a feeling those two things aren’t a coincidence.
An I think I speak for everyone when I say that there are a lot of times that I wish I was Derek Jeter.
Anyway, Jeter is now 38 years-old and is still the starting shortstop for a championship caliber team, he’s hitting .305 and there is no legit argument that he doesn’t deserve that job. So much has been written about him over the years, lots of overheated praise, lots of legit criticism and vice-versa, but it’s undeniable that we’ve been watching one of the best ever for all of these years and sometimes it’s worth simply appreciating that.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)