Jun 27, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
More like Dusty Buzzkill, amirite?
Reds manager Dusty Baker made sure that closer Aroldis Chapman won’t be doing any more somersaults after finishing a game … Baker talked to Chapman about it and said on Wednesday that it will never happen again.
Baker understood that Chapman was happy about getting the save after giving up a game-losing homer his last time out. But he says Chapman needs to express his happiness in another way.
Something subdued that doesn’t put it all in the face of the other team when the Reds win. Sorta like how the teams literally shoots off fireworks after every home win.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 25
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)