Jun 27, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
More like Dusty Buzzkill, amirite?
Reds manager Dusty Baker made sure that closer Aroldis Chapman won’t be doing any more somersaults after finishing a game … Baker talked to Chapman about it and said on Wednesday that it will never happen again.
Baker understood that Chapman was happy about getting the save after giving up a game-losing homer his last time out. But he says Chapman needs to express his happiness in another way.
Something subdued that doesn’t put it all in the face of the other team when the Reds win. Sorta like how the teams literally shoots off fireworks after every home win.
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 35
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 47
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 27
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)