Jun 27, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Jose Bautista hit his major league-leading 25th homer this afternoon. It was a blast off Jon Lester that easily cleared the Green Monster. Oh, and it hit and dented a Jeep parked in a lot across the street from the park. Video here.
At least I think that’s a Jeep based on the flared fender. It’s possible that it’s a Mercedes? I don’t know. I never leave the house anymore so as far as I know it’s some DeSoto or American Motors product.
Anyway, Bautista — who started so slowly this year — has an .894 OPS and is on pace for a 54 homer, 125 RBI season. So, you know, ho-hum.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)