Jun 27, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Jose Bautista hit his major league-leading 25th homer this afternoon. It was a blast off Jon Lester that easily cleared the Green Monster. Oh, and it hit and dented a Jeep parked in a lot across the street from the park. Video here.
At least I think that’s a Jeep based on the flared fender. It’s possible that it’s a Mercedes? I don’t know. I never leave the house anymore so as far as I know it’s some DeSoto or American Motors product.
Anyway, Bautista — who started so slowly this year — has an .894 OPS and is on pace for a 54 homer, 125 RBI season. So, you know, ho-hum.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 42
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (107)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional