Jun 27, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Jose Bautista hit his major league-leading 25th homer this afternoon. It was a blast off Jon Lester that easily cleared the Green Monster. Oh, and it hit and dented a Jeep parked in a lot across the street from the park. Video here.
At least I think that’s a Jeep based on the flared fender. It’s possible that it’s a Mercedes? I don’t know. I never leave the house anymore so as far as I know it’s some DeSoto or American Motors product.
Anyway, Bautista — who started so slowly this year — has an .894 OPS and is on pace for a 54 homer, 125 RBI season. So, you know, ho-hum.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 65
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 59
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)