Jun 27, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Jose Bautista hit his major league-leading 25th homer this afternoon. It was a blast off Jon Lester that easily cleared the Green Monster. Oh, and it hit and dented a Jeep parked in a lot across the street from the park. Video here.
At least I think that’s a Jeep based on the flared fender. It’s possible that it’s a Mercedes? I don’t know. I never leave the house anymore so as far as I know it’s some DeSoto or American Motors product.
Anyway, Bautista — who started so slowly this year — has an .894 OPS and is on pace for a 54 homer, 125 RBI season. So, you know, ho-hum.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 7
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 87
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)