Jun 27, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Ike Davis had a legit beef last night.
His swipe tag missed baserunner Steve Clevenger on a pickoff play last night, but Clevenger missed the bag and Davis got him on the second attempt. First base umpire Manny Gonzalez missed that, though, and called Clevenger safe. An argument ensued, and during the argument Davis’ glove did not miss Gonazlez, bumping up against him.
While this pic makes it look a bit shovey, the contact in action appeared incidental, but Adam Rubin spoke to an MLB exec who was watching the game who thinks Davis may see a modest fine out of it all.
Assuming this all goes the way MLB says it goes, Gonzalez, a fill-in ump from the minors, will have the bad call noted in his record.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 7
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)