Jun 27, 2012, 9:12 AM EST
Ike Davis had a legit beef last night.
His swipe tag missed baserunner Steve Clevenger on a pickoff play last night, but Clevenger missed the bag and Davis got him on the second attempt. First base umpire Manny Gonzalez missed that, though, and called Clevenger safe. An argument ensued, and during the argument Davis’ glove did not miss Gonazlez, bumping up against him.
While this pic makes it look a bit shovey, the contact in action appeared incidental, but Adam Rubin spoke to an MLB exec who was watching the game who thinks Davis may see a modest fine out of it all.
Assuming this all goes the way MLB says it goes, Gonzalez, a fill-in ump from the minors, will have the bad call noted in his record.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)