Jun 27, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
Things are going spectacularly for Mike Trout.
The 20-year-old Angels outfielder entered play Wednesday with a sparkling .335/.395/.528 batting line and just made one of the best catches you’ll ever see, robbing Orioles shortstop J.J. Hardy of his 12th home run by leaping close to three feet over the center field wall at Baltimore’s Camden Yards.
MLB.com has the video. You’ll want to see this.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)