Jun 27, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Of course, the Brandons didn’t really contribute, combining to go 0-for-9 with five strikeouts. Inge also committed an error. Jarrod Parker was able to overcome it all, though, stirking out nine over seven innings in the 2-1 defeat of the Mariners.
The three Brandons actually batted consecutively in the sixth-through-eighth spots in the order. It set up the exciting possibility that Brandon League might get to pitch to all of them. However, the Mariners reliever faced only Hicks while getting five outs in the contest.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)