Jun 27, 2012, 6:39 PM EST
Of course, the Brandons didn’t really contribute, combining to go 0-for-9 with five strikeouts. Inge also committed an error. Jarrod Parker was able to overcome it all, though, stirking out nine over seven innings in the 2-1 defeat of the Mariners.
The three Brandons actually batted consecutively in the sixth-through-eighth spots in the order. It set up the exciting possibility that Brandon League might get to pitch to all of them. However, the Mariners reliever faced only Hicks while getting five outs in the contest.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (239)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)