Jun 27, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Of course, the Brandons didn’t really contribute, combining to go 0-for-9 with five strikeouts. Inge also committed an error. Jarrod Parker was able to overcome it all, though, stirking out nine over seven innings in the 2-1 defeat of the Mariners.
The three Brandons actually batted consecutively in the sixth-through-eighth spots in the order. It set up the exciting possibility that Brandon League might get to pitch to all of them. However, the Mariners reliever faced only Hicks while getting five outs in the contest.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)