Jun 27, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Of course, the Brandons didn’t really contribute, combining to go 0-for-9 with five strikeouts. Inge also committed an error. Jarrod Parker was able to overcome it all, though, stirking out nine over seven innings in the 2-1 defeat of the Mariners.
The three Brandons actually batted consecutively in the sixth-through-eighth spots in the order. It set up the exciting possibility that Brandon League might get to pitch to all of them. However, the Mariners reliever faced only Hicks while getting five outs in the contest.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)