Jun 27, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
Yesterday Aaron mentioned how Daron Sutton has been absent from Diamondbacks broadcasts due to a “personal matter” but that no one is saying anything more. Today, per Jerry Crasnick, the plot thickens:
A person familiar with the situation said Sutton recently had been involved in a dispute with the Diamondbacks over the team’s new on-air dress code. But another source said Sutton’s suspension was the culmination of a series of events rather than a single incident.
Crasnick added in a tweet that, while it’s just a hunch, the Sutton thing “is not going to end well.” So, yikes.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)