Jun 27, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
Yesterday Aaron mentioned how Daron Sutton has been absent from Diamondbacks broadcasts due to a “personal matter” but that no one is saying anything more. Today, per Jerry Crasnick, the plot thickens:
A person familiar with the situation said Sutton recently had been involved in a dispute with the Diamondbacks over the team’s new on-air dress code. But another source said Sutton’s suspension was the culmination of a series of events rather than a single incident.
Crasnick added in a tweet that, while it’s just a hunch, the Sutton thing “is not going to end well.” So, yikes.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48