Jun 27, 2012, 1:22 PM EST
Yesterday Aaron mentioned how Daron Sutton has been absent from Diamondbacks broadcasts due to a “personal matter” but that no one is saying anything more. Today, per Jerry Crasnick, the plot thickens:
A person familiar with the situation said Sutton recently had been involved in a dispute with the Diamondbacks over the team’s new on-air dress code. But another source said Sutton’s suspension was the culmination of a series of events rather than a single incident.
Crasnick added in a tweet that, while it’s just a hunch, the Sutton thing “is not going to end well.” So, yikes.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)