Jun 27, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Up 12-2 against the Twins in the eighth inning today, the White Sox went to Will Ohman to finish the game off. Six outs and three runs later, he was sent packing by the club.
CSNChicago.com’s Dan Hayes reports that Ohman was designated for assignment immediately after Wednesday’s game.
Ohman ended the day with a 6.41 ERA after giving up the three runs, including Darin Mastroianni‘s first major league homer. However, that comes with a fine 1.05 WHIP. He’d allowed just 23 hits and five walks in 26 2/3 innings. Unfortunately, six of those hits were homers.
Still, the main problem is that rookie manager Robin Ventura just couldn’t seem to get the most out of him. Going into today, Ohman had limited left-handed hitters to a .182/.250/.283 line in 55 at-bats. Right-handers were tearing him up, but right-handers are supposed to tear him up.
Because of his fine numbers against lefties, Ohman figures to be snatched up quickly. The Cardinals could well be interested since J.C. Romero didn’t work out for them.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 50
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 16
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 7
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 75
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (75)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement