Jun 28, 2012, 3:53 PM EST
Nick Piecoro has an update to the suspension of Diamondbacks announcer Daron Sutton. We heard yesterday from Jerry Crasnick of ESPN that the dispute was possibly about the dress code, and that Sutton was suspended due to “insubordination,” though it wasn’t very specific. Now Nick has this:
A source confirmed that dispute to The Republic, saying that while the club prefers its broadcast team to wear polo shirts adorned with the Diamondbacks logo, Sutton has lobbied to wear suits.
That’s backwards from what a lot of people assumed when this was reported yesterday. And no, I have no idea when the pic attached to this post was taken. I assume it was on the same day this was created.
In other news, what would you do to a co-worker who totally tried to kill casual days? Man, buzzkill, Daron. Buzzkill.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)