Jun 28, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Nick Piecoro has an update to the suspension of Diamondbacks announcer Daron Sutton. We heard yesterday from Jerry Crasnick of ESPN that the dispute was possibly about the dress code, and that Sutton was suspended due to “insubordination,” though it wasn’t very specific. Now Nick has this:
A source confirmed that dispute to The Republic, saying that while the club prefers its broadcast team to wear polo shirts adorned with the Diamondbacks logo, Sutton has lobbied to wear suits.
That’s backwards from what a lot of people assumed when this was reported yesterday. And no, I have no idea when the pic attached to this post was taken. I assume it was on the same day this was created.
In other news, what would you do to a co-worker who totally tried to kill casual days? Man, buzzkill, Daron. Buzzkill.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 8
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 26
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 46
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)