Jun 28, 2012, 3:53 PM EST
Nick Piecoro has an update to the suspension of Diamondbacks announcer Daron Sutton. We heard yesterday from Jerry Crasnick of ESPN that the dispute was possibly about the dress code, and that Sutton was suspended due to “insubordination,” though it wasn’t very specific. Now Nick has this:
A source confirmed that dispute to The Republic, saying that while the club prefers its broadcast team to wear polo shirts adorned with the Diamondbacks logo, Sutton has lobbied to wear suits.
That’s backwards from what a lot of people assumed when this was reported yesterday. And no, I have no idea when the pic attached to this post was taken. I assume it was on the same day this was created.
In other news, what would you do to a co-worker who totally tried to kill casual days? Man, buzzkill, Daron. Buzzkill.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)