Jun 28, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Nick Piecoro has an update to the suspension of Diamondbacks announcer Daron Sutton. We heard yesterday from Jerry Crasnick of ESPN that the dispute was possibly about the dress code, and that Sutton was suspended due to “insubordination,” though it wasn’t very specific. Now Nick has this:
A source confirmed that dispute to The Republic, saying that while the club prefers its broadcast team to wear polo shirts adorned with the Diamondbacks logo, Sutton has lobbied to wear suits.
That’s backwards from what a lot of people assumed when this was reported yesterday. And no, I have no idea when the pic attached to this post was taken. I assume it was on the same day this was created.
In other news, what would you do to a co-worker who totally tried to kill casual days? Man, buzzkill, Daron. Buzzkill.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?