Jun 28, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The fan in question was an out-of-town police chief. The good thing: he was not injured at all. The weird thing: the fact that this happened inside domed Tropicana Field:
Charles Sweatt felt something sting his leg during the June 16 Tampa Bay Rays game against the Miami Marlins at Tropicana Field.
He thought he had been hit by a foul ball.
But when Sweatt, the police chief in the tiny Panhandle town of Parker, looked down, there was no ball. Instead, another fan sitting nearby found a bullet.
Good stuff in there explaining how a flying bullet could have found its way into Tropicana Field and why it didn’t cause any damage.
But man, weirdness.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 46
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)