Jun 28, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The fan in question was an out-of-town police chief. The good thing: he was not injured at all. The weird thing: the fact that this happened inside domed Tropicana Field:
Charles Sweatt felt something sting his leg during the June 16 Tampa Bay Rays game against the Miami Marlins at Tropicana Field.
He thought he had been hit by a foul ball.
But when Sweatt, the police chief in the tiny Panhandle town of Parker, looked down, there was no ball. Instead, another fan sitting nearby found a bullet.
Good stuff in there explaining how a flying bullet could have found its way into Tropicana Field and why it didn’t cause any damage.
But man, weirdness.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)