Jun 28, 2012, 9:31 AM EDT
More troubling news for the Colorado rotation.
According to beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post, Rockies general manager Dan O’Dowd acknowledged Wednesday evening in a conference call with season ticket holders that Jorge De La Rosa might not make it back this season.
The left-hander underwent Tommy John surgery 12 months ago, but he’s still experiencing problems and has been shut down from throwing until September.
De La Rosa, 31, registered a 3.51 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 52 strikeouts in 59 innings last year before completely tearing his ulnar collateral ligament. He holds an $11 million player option for the 2013 season.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights