Jun 28, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
I swear I read the box scores to every game, but for some reason the fact that Nick Johnson had gone all the way until today without being on the disabled list took me by surprise. But he’s there now: the O’s placed him on the DL with a sprained right wrist he sustained in last night’s game.
Obviously the DL and wrist issues are nothing new to Johnson. What is kind of new is his relative ineffectiveness when he has been in the game. He’s hitting a mere .207/.324/.391 on the year.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (277)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)