Jun 28, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
I swear I read the box scores to every game, but for some reason the fact that Nick Johnson had gone all the way until today without being on the disabled list took me by surprise. But he’s there now: the O’s placed him on the DL with a sprained right wrist he sustained in last night’s game.
Obviously the DL and wrist issues are nothing new to Johnson. What is kind of new is his relative ineffectiveness when he has been in the game. He’s hitting a mere .207/.324/.391 on the year.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (80)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)