Jun 28, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
I swear I read the box scores to every game, but for some reason the fact that Nick Johnson had gone all the way until today without being on the disabled list took me by surprise. But he’s there now: the O’s placed him on the DL with a sprained right wrist he sustained in last night’s game.
Obviously the DL and wrist issues are nothing new to Johnson. What is kind of new is his relative ineffectiveness when he has been in the game. He’s hitting a mere .207/.324/.391 on the year.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 338
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 51
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (338)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (134)