Jun 28, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Clay Buchholz just got out of the hospital for esophagitis. Less than 24 hours later, the team has confirmed, he attended a charity event for The Greg Hill Foundation, which is designed to provide immediate assistance for families touched by tragedy.
Most people would probably view that as being pretty damn noble and, depending on how sick Buchholz still was, maybe even a little brave.
Noble?! THIS IS BOSTON!
CLAY BUCHHOLZ didn’t travel w the team to the west coast, but was at a vodka-sponsored pool party at MGM Foxwoods last night. Details NEXT.
— Toucher and Rich (@Toucherandrich) June 28, 2012
That’s a talk radio show in Boston which clearly has no desire to make a big deal out of this. I mean, they only decided to call it a “vodka-sponsored pool party” at a casino, without mentioning the charity aspect first. Which, in turn, predictably set the neanderfans loose:
@Toucherandrich Clay graduated from beer and chicken to Vodka and gambling.Excellent!When does Bruins training camp start?
— jtay_nation (@jtay_NATION) June 28, 2012
— Kevin Tame (@Kevin_Tame) June 28, 2012
And on and on. Never mind that he wasn’t drinking, his doctors had no problem with him doing normal activity as soon as he was released and resuming athletic activity within a couple of days. Seriously: people are attacking Clay Buchholz for ATTENDING A CHARITY EVENT.
David Ortiz went off the other day, talking about how much b.s. playing in Boston entails. This is exactly what he was talking about.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)