Jun 28, 2012, 8:23 AM EST
Clay Buchholz just got out of the hospital for esophagitis. Less than 24 hours later, the team has confirmed, he attended a charity event for The Greg Hill Foundation, which is designed to provide immediate assistance for families touched by tragedy.
Most people would probably view that as being pretty damn noble and, depending on how sick Buchholz still was, maybe even a little brave.
Noble?! THIS IS BOSTON!
CLAY BUCHHOLZ didn’t travel w the team to the west coast, but was at a vodka-sponsored pool party at MGM Foxwoods last night. Details NEXT.
— Toucher and Rich (@Toucherandrich) June 28, 2012
That’s a talk radio show in Boston which clearly has no desire to make a big deal out of this. I mean, they only decided to call it a “vodka-sponsored pool party” at a casino, without mentioning the charity aspect first. Which, in turn, predictably set the neanderfans loose:
@Toucherandrich Clay graduated from beer and chicken to Vodka and gambling.Excellent!When does Bruins training camp start?
— jtay_nation (@jtay_NATION) June 28, 2012
— Kevin Tame (@Kevin_Tame) June 28, 2012
And on and on. Never mind that he wasn’t drinking, his doctors had no problem with him doing normal activity as soon as he was released and resuming athletic activity within a couple of days. Seriously: people are attacking Clay Buchholz for ATTENDING A CHARITY EVENT.
David Ortiz went off the other day, talking about how much b.s. playing in Boston entails. This is exactly what he was talking about.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)