Jun 28, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Clay Buchholz just got out of the hospital for esophagitis. Less than 24 hours later, the team has confirmed, he attended a charity event for The Greg Hill Foundation, which is designed to provide immediate assistance for families touched by tragedy.
Most people would probably view that as being pretty damn noble and, depending on how sick Buchholz still was, maybe even a little brave.
Noble?! THIS IS BOSTON!
CLAY BUCHHOLZ didn’t travel w the team to the west coast, but was at a vodka-sponsored pool party at MGM Foxwoods last night. Details NEXT.
— Toucher and Rich (@Toucherandrich) June 28, 2012
That’s a talk radio show in Boston which clearly has no desire to make a big deal out of this. I mean, they only decided to call it a “vodka-sponsored pool party” at a casino, without mentioning the charity aspect first. Which, in turn, predictably set the neanderfans loose:
@Toucherandrich Clay graduated from beer and chicken to Vodka and gambling.Excellent!When does Bruins training camp start?
— jtay_nation (@jtay_NATION) June 28, 2012
— Kevin Tame (@Kevin_Tame) June 28, 2012
And on and on. Never mind that he wasn’t drinking, his doctors had no problem with him doing normal activity as soon as he was released and resuming athletic activity within a couple of days. Seriously: people are attacking Clay Buchholz for ATTENDING A CHARITY EVENT.
David Ortiz went off the other day, talking about how much b.s. playing in Boston entails. This is exactly what he was talking about.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)