Jun 28, 2012, 6:43 PM EDT
The Dodgers on Wednesday became the sixth team since 2000 to get shutout in three straight games. The Nationals on Thursday became the second team this year and 47th since 2000 to score 10 runs in three straight games.
It almost didn’t happen today, but Bryce Harper launched a game-tying homer in the top of the ninth for the Nationals’ 10th run. The Nationals beat Colorado 12-5 on Tuesday and 11-5 on Wednesday.
Of course, playing the Rockies in Coors Field had a huge role in the feat. The Rockies were the only other team to score 10 runs in three straight games this season and they did it at Coors Field from May 30-June 1.
As mentioned, there were 47 occasions since 2000 in which a team scored at least 10 runs in three straight games. The Rockies offense accounted for seven of them, but surprisingly enough, this is just the third time their pitching staff has been involved on the other side of the equation.
Five teams since 2000 have scored at least 10 runs in four straight games:
2000 Mariners – April 14-18 against Blue Jays, White Sox
2000 Rockies – April 30-May 3 against Mets, Expos
2006 Braves (five straight games) – July 14-18 against Padres, Cardinals
2007 Braves – July 29-Aug. 2 against Diamondbacks, Astros
2007 Red Sox – Aug. 24-26 (included doubleheader) against White Sox
The Red Sox outscored the White Sox 46-7 in sweeping that four-game series.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)