Jun 28, 2012, 6:43 PM EDT
The Dodgers on Wednesday became the sixth team since 2000 to get shutout in three straight games. The Nationals on Thursday became the second team this year and 47th since 2000 to score 10 runs in three straight games.
It almost didn’t happen today, but Bryce Harper launched a game-tying homer in the top of the ninth for the Nationals’ 10th run. The Nationals beat Colorado 12-5 on Tuesday and 11-5 on Wednesday.
Of course, playing the Rockies in Coors Field had a huge role in the feat. The Rockies were the only other team to score 10 runs in three straight games this season and they did it at Coors Field from May 30-June 1.
As mentioned, there were 47 occasions since 2000 in which a team scored at least 10 runs in three straight games. The Rockies offense accounted for seven of them, but surprisingly enough, this is just the third time their pitching staff has been involved on the other side of the equation.
Five teams since 2000 have scored at least 10 runs in four straight games:
2000 Mariners – April 14-18 against Blue Jays, White Sox
2000 Rockies – April 30-May 3 against Mets, Expos
2006 Braves (five straight games) – July 14-18 against Padres, Cardinals
2007 Braves – July 29-Aug. 2 against Diamondbacks, Astros
2007 Red Sox – Aug. 24-26 (included doubleheader) against White Sox
The Red Sox outscored the White Sox 46-7 in sweeping that four-game series.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)