Jun 28, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
There are a lot of game-worn jerseys out there on the memorabilia market. Kind of hit and miss if you’re interested in exactly where that jersey has been as opposed to who wore it when. I mean, sure, it’s Mickey Mantle’s jersey, but maybe he wore it on a Sunday he was out of the lineup with a hangover?
Wait, that would make it more awesome, not less. But you know what I mean. Anyway, you won’t have a problem if you’re interested in this one:
The baseball jersey worn by New York Yankees legend Don Larsen when he pitched the only perfect game in World Series history will soon be available for auction.
Steiner Sports Memorabilia is conducting the auction in the fall. They say a bidding war is expected for the one-of-a-kind jersey. In May, a jersey worn by Babe Ruth sold for more than $4.4 million.
That’s a serious piece of memorabilia. One of the most famous games ever. Not many like that come on the market, I’d reckon.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)