Jun 29, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
Friday afternoon, time for the drug suspensions:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Texas Rangers Minor League outfielder Jacob Skole has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for an amphetamine, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
He’s at single-A Myrtle Beach. And with a name like “Skole” I woulda thought he’d be popped for breaking the smokeless tobacco rule, but whatever.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 15
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 36
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 43
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)