Jun 29, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
God, that punk kid Bryce Harper is at it again. Showing the typical immaturity of a hot-dogging 19-year-old millionaire with no respect for the game’s institutions, he’s … encouraging people who would profit off his persona to donate their profits to a memorial fund for the family of a police officer killed in the line of duty.
Specifically, after Harper gave the “clown question, bro” quote, a brewery in Denver came up with a beer and called it “Clown Question Bro Lager.” When Harper got to Denver for the Rockies series he heard of it and he heard of a police officer, Celena Hollis, who was killed in the line of duty. The other day someone who works for the Harper camp called the brewery and recommended that it donate a chunk of the proceeds to a memorial fund to support Hollis’s daughter.
The kid ain’t clownin’ around.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)