Jun 29, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
God, that punk kid Bryce Harper is at it again. Showing the typical immaturity of a hot-dogging 19-year-old millionaire with no respect for the game’s institutions, he’s … encouraging people who would profit off his persona to donate their profits to a memorial fund for the family of a police officer killed in the line of duty.
Specifically, after Harper gave the “clown question, bro” quote, a brewery in Denver came up with a beer and called it “Clown Question Bro Lager.” When Harper got to Denver for the Rockies series he heard of it and he heard of a police officer, Celena Hollis, who was killed in the line of duty. The other day someone who works for the Harper camp called the brewery and recommended that it donate a chunk of the proceeds to a memorial fund to support Hollis’s daughter.
The kid ain’t clownin’ around.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)