Jun 29, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
God, that punk kid Bryce Harper is at it again. Showing the typical immaturity of a hot-dogging 19-year-old millionaire with no respect for the game’s institutions, he’s … encouraging people who would profit off his persona to donate their profits to a memorial fund for the family of a police officer killed in the line of duty.
Specifically, after Harper gave the “clown question, bro” quote, a brewery in Denver came up with a beer and called it “Clown Question Bro Lager.” When Harper got to Denver for the Rockies series he heard of it and he heard of a police officer, Celena Hollis, who was killed in the line of duty. The other day someone who works for the Harper camp called the brewery and recommended that it donate a chunk of the proceeds to a memorial fund to support Hollis’s daughter.
The kid ain’t clownin’ around.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)