Jun 29, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
God, that punk kid Bryce Harper is at it again. Showing the typical immaturity of a hot-dogging 19-year-old millionaire with no respect for the game’s institutions, he’s … encouraging people who would profit off his persona to donate their profits to a memorial fund for the family of a police officer killed in the line of duty.
Specifically, after Harper gave the “clown question, bro” quote, a brewery in Denver came up with a beer and called it “Clown Question Bro Lager.” When Harper got to Denver for the Rockies series he heard of it and he heard of a police officer, Celena Hollis, who was killed in the line of duty. The other day someone who works for the Harper camp called the brewery and recommended that it donate a chunk of the proceeds to a memorial fund to support Hollis’s daughter.
The kid ain’t clownin’ around.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)