Jun 29, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
God, that punk kid Bryce Harper is at it again. Showing the typical immaturity of a hot-dogging 19-year-old millionaire with no respect for the game’s institutions, he’s … encouraging people who would profit off his persona to donate their profits to a memorial fund for the family of a police officer killed in the line of duty.
Specifically, after Harper gave the “clown question, bro” quote, a brewery in Denver came up with a beer and called it “Clown Question Bro Lager.” When Harper got to Denver for the Rockies series he heard of it and he heard of a police officer, Celena Hollis, who was killed in the line of duty. The other day someone who works for the Harper camp called the brewery and recommended that it donate a chunk of the proceeds to a memorial fund to support Hollis’s daughter.
The kid ain’t clownin’ around.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)