Jun 29, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Dontrelle Willis made his first start for triple-A Norfolk last night. He went two and two-thirds, allowing four runs on six hits and two walks. Combined with the handful of relief appearances he’s made and he has an ERA of 8.53 and has allowed ten hits in six and a third innings.
Because he’s Dontrelle Willis he’ll probably get a ton more starts and, if he’s released, will likely sign on someplace else. But if last night’s results are any indication, he continues have a fork protruding from his back.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)