Jun 29, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Dontrelle Willis made his first start for triple-A Norfolk last night. He went two and two-thirds, allowing four runs on six hits and two walks. Combined with the handful of relief appearances he’s made and he has an ERA of 8.53 and has allowed ten hits in six and a third innings.
Because he’s Dontrelle Willis he’ll probably get a ton more starts and, if he’s released, will likely sign on someplace else. But if last night’s results are any indication, he continues have a fork protruding from his back.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 4
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 56
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (247)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)