Jun 29, 2012, 12:17 PM EDT
At the outset, please note that as of this week, anything that will or will not happen until “after the All-Star” break is no longer really scary. Because the All-Star break is less than two weeks from now. Seems crazy early and stuff, but it’s where we are. The upshot: “until after the All-Star break” is now merely descriptive and informative, not scary.
Anyway: Ryan Dempster won’t be back until after the All-Star break. He was originally eligible to come back this past Sunday and, as recently as a couple of days ago, the Cubs thought he’d miss only one start. But I guess his strained right lat muscle is still not 100%.
No sense rushing him. He needs to be healthy for the end of July — and the trade deadline — not the beginning.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)