Jun 30, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: McCutchen told Sanserino after the game that he doesn’t anticipate missing any time.
5:30 PM: Cross your fingers, Pirates fans.
McCutchen injured the wrist while making a diving catch to rob Carlos Beltran of a hit in the bottom of the third inning. He stayed in the game initially, taking two more at-bats, but was replaced in center field by Alex Presley in the bottom of the seventh inning. He’s currently being treated and evaluated, after which the Pirates will announce an update on his status.
McCutchen went 2-for-4 with a run scored this afternoon and is hitting .346/.401/.593 with 15 homers, 51 RBI, 14 stolen bases and a .993 OPS through 74 games this season. It goes without saying, but the Pirates would have a really tough time staying afloat in the playoff race if he requires an extended absence.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)