Jun 30, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
From John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer comes word that Reds first baseman Joey Votto made an early exit from Saturday’s game against the Giants after feeling soreness in his left knee. He has been officially diagnosed with left knee inflammation.
Votto, 28, is batting .350/.471/.632 with 14 homers and 47 RBI through 333 plate appearances this year.
He has appeared in each of the Reds’ 77 games this season, but seems likely to be given a day of rest during Sunday’s series-finale in San Francisco.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)