Jun 30, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
From John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer comes word that Reds first baseman Joey Votto made an early exit from Saturday’s game against the Giants after feeling soreness in his left knee. He has been officially diagnosed with left knee inflammation.
Votto, 28, is batting .350/.471/.632 with 14 homers and 47 RBI through 333 plate appearances this year.
He has appeared in each of the Reds’ 77 games this season, but seems likely to be given a day of rest during Sunday’s series-finale in San Francisco.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)