Jun 30, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
From John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer comes word that Reds first baseman Joey Votto made an early exit from Saturday’s game against the Giants after feeling soreness in his left knee. He has been officially diagnosed with left knee inflammation.
Votto, 28, is batting .350/.471/.632 with 14 homers and 47 RBI through 333 plate appearances this year.
He has appeared in each of the Reds’ 77 games this season, but seems likely to be given a day of rest during Sunday’s series-finale in San Francisco.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 21
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)