Jun 30, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
From John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer comes word that Reds first baseman Joey Votto made an early exit from Saturday’s game against the Giants after feeling soreness in his left knee. He has been officially diagnosed with left knee inflammation.
Votto, 28, is batting .350/.471/.632 with 14 homers and 47 RBI through 333 plate appearances this year.
He has appeared in each of the Reds’ 77 games this season, but seems likely to be given a day of rest during Sunday’s series-finale in San Francisco.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?