Jun 30, 2012, 6:31 PM EST
From John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer comes word that Reds first baseman Joey Votto made an early exit from Saturday’s game against the Giants after feeling soreness in his left knee. He has been officially diagnosed with left knee inflammation.
Votto, 28, is batting .350/.471/.632 with 14 homers and 47 RBI through 333 plate appearances this year.
He has appeared in each of the Reds’ 77 games this season, but seems likely to be given a day of rest during Sunday’s series-finale in San Francisco.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)