Jun 30, 2012, 10:43 AM EST
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Chisenhall will undergo surgery next week to repair the fracture while Indians manager Manny Acta estimates that he’ll likely be sidelined for four to six weeks.
Considered by many as the Indians’ third baseman of the future, Chisenhall was mostly filling in at the DH spot recently with Travis Hafner sidelined. The 23-year-old was hitting .278/.297/.458 with three home runs, nine RBI and a .756 OPS over 74 plate appearances since his recall from Triple-A Columbus last month.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 0
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 88
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 43
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (88)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)