Jun 30, 2012, 10:43 AM EDT
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Chisenhall will undergo surgery next week to repair the fracture while Indians manager Manny Acta estimates that he’ll likely be sidelined for four to six weeks.
Considered by many as the Indians’ third baseman of the future, Chisenhall was mostly filling in at the DH spot recently with Travis Hafner sidelined. The 23-year-old was hitting .278/.297/.458 with three home runs, nine RBI and a .756 OPS over 74 plate appearances since his recall from Triple-A Columbus last month.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit