Jun 30, 2012, 10:43 AM EDT
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Chisenhall will undergo surgery next week to repair the fracture while Indians manager Manny Acta estimates that he’ll likely be sidelined for four to six weeks.
Considered by many as the Indians’ third baseman of the future, Chisenhall was mostly filling in at the DH spot recently with Travis Hafner sidelined. The 23-year-old was hitting .278/.297/.458 with three home runs, nine RBI and a .756 OPS over 74 plate appearances since his recall from Triple-A Columbus last month.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)