Jul 1, 2012, 8:16 PM EDT
There were two outs in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth when Pagan hit a ball to right off Jose Arredondo. It might have been a tricky play in a few ballparks, but it shouldn’t have been at AT&T Park with its deep right field. Bruce was looking for the wall when he hadn’t even reached the warning track.
Bruce, one of Tony La Russa’s manager selections, was pretty clearly the weakest outfielder picked for the NL All-Star team today. He ranks tied for fourth in the NL with 17 homers, but it comes with a .257 average and a .327 OBP. He ranks 10th among NL outfielders with an .853 OPS.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)