Jul 1, 2012, 8:16 PM EDT
There were two outs in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth when Pagan hit a ball to right off Jose Arredondo. It might have been a tricky play in a few ballparks, but it shouldn’t have been at AT&T Park with its deep right field. Bruce was looking for the wall when he hadn’t even reached the warning track.
Bruce, one of Tony La Russa’s manager selections, was pretty clearly the weakest outfielder picked for the NL All-Star team today. He ranks tied for fourth in the NL with 17 homers, but it comes with a .257 average and a .327 OBP. He ranks 10th among NL outfielders with an .853 OPS.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)