Jul 1, 2012, 8:16 PM EST
There were two outs in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth when Pagan hit a ball to right off Jose Arredondo. It might have been a tricky play in a few ballparks, but it shouldn’t have been at AT&T Park with its deep right field. Bruce was looking for the wall when he hadn’t even reached the warning track.
Bruce, one of Tony La Russa’s manager selections, was pretty clearly the weakest outfielder picked for the NL All-Star team today. He ranks tied for fourth in the NL with 17 homers, but it comes with a .257 average and a .327 OBP. He ranks 10th among NL outfielders with an .853 OPS.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)