Jul 1, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
The Dodgers and Astros have agreed to a trade that would send Carlos Lee to Los Angeles in exchange for pitching prospect Garrett Gould. But Lee has a no-trade clause and isn’t quite sure he wants to go.
The 36-year-old slugger told reporters after Saturday night’s 3-2 loss that he was planning to announce a decision at some point Sunday.
He had not made up his mind by the time he arrived at Wrigley Field for this afternoon’s series-finale with the Cubs.
Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle is on the case, from the north side of Chicago:
Carlos Lee said no decision yet and that he is in the lineup.—
Zachary Levine (@zacharylevine) July 01, 2012
Lee is hitting .285/.337/.405 with five home runs and 29 RBI in 62 games this season for 32-46 Houston. The Dodgers are one game back of the Giants in the National League West and hurting badly for offense.
UPDATE, 11:56 AM: FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the Dodgers aren’t going to sweeten the pot, since they’ve already agreed to pick up whatever remains from Lee’s $18.5 million salary for 2012:
Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 01, 2012
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 1
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)