Jul 1, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
The Dodgers and Astros have agreed to a trade that would send Carlos Lee to Los Angeles in exchange for pitching prospect Garrett Gould. But Lee has a no-trade clause and isn’t quite sure he wants to go.
The 36-year-old slugger told reporters after Saturday night’s 3-2 loss that he was planning to announce a decision at some point Sunday.
He had not made up his mind by the time he arrived at Wrigley Field for this afternoon’s series-finale with the Cubs.
Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle is on the case, from the north side of Chicago:
Carlos Lee said no decision yet and that he is in the lineup.—
Zachary Levine (@zacharylevine) July 01, 2012
Lee is hitting .285/.337/.405 with five home runs and 29 RBI in 62 games this season for 32-46 Houston. The Dodgers are one game back of the Giants in the National League West and hurting badly for offense.
UPDATE, 11:56 AM: FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the Dodgers aren’t going to sweeten the pot, since they’ve already agreed to pick up whatever remains from Lee’s $18.5 million salary for 2012:
Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 01, 2012
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)