Jul 1, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
Qualls was designated for assignment by Philly last week after posting a 4.60 ERA and 1.53 WHIP in 31 1/3 innings. He’s doubtful to suddenly find success in the American League East, but a change of scenery can sometimes work wonders for a reliever and the Yankees will simply hope for the best.
The Phillies have now made two trades in two days, though both players were expendable. It’s not fair to say the organization is having a fire sale until someone like Cole Hamels starts getting shopped around to different teams. Oh, wait.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 0
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 14
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 17
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 58
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)