Jul 1, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
Qualls was designated for assignment by Philly last week after posting a 4.60 ERA and 1.53 WHIP in 31 1/3 innings. He’s doubtful to suddenly find success in the American League East, but a change of scenery can sometimes work wonders for a reliever and the Yankees will simply hope for the best.
The Phillies have now made two trades in two days, though both players were expendable. It’s not fair to say the organization is having a fire sale until someone like Cole Hamels starts getting shopped around to different teams. Oh, wait.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)