Jul 1, 2012, 8:27 AM EDT
The Rangers it again on Saturday afternoon, riding Josh Hamilton‘s four-RBI performance and a solid first career start from Martin Perez to a 7-2 victory over the Athletics at a sold-out Ballpark in Arlington.
Hamilton is now batting .319 with a 1.038 OPS, 25 home runs and a league-leading 74 RBI. And Perez looks capable of serving as a reliable rotation fill-in while Texas’ regulars battle through health issues.
The Rangers are on a five-game winning streak and are the first team this season to reach the 50-win plateau. They’ve won seven straight season series and 17 of their last 21 games. And there’s no refuge in sight for the rest of the major leagues.
Your Saturday recaps and box scores:
Royals 2, Twins 7 (Game 1)
Royals 1, Twins 5 (Game 2)
Red Sox 2, Mariners 3 (11 innings)
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)