Jul 1, 2012, 8:27 AM EDT
The Rangers it again on Saturday afternoon, riding Josh Hamilton‘s four-RBI performance and a solid first career start from Martin Perez to a 7-2 victory over the Athletics at a sold-out Ballpark in Arlington.
Hamilton is now batting .319 with a 1.038 OPS, 25 home runs and a league-leading 74 RBI. And Perez looks capable of serving as a reliable rotation fill-in while Texas’ regulars battle through health issues.
The Rangers are on a five-game winning streak and are the first team this season to reach the 50-win plateau. They’ve won seven straight season series and 17 of their last 21 games. And there’s no refuge in sight for the rest of the major leagues.
Your Saturday recaps and box scores:
Royals 2, Twins 7 (Game 1)
Royals 1, Twins 5 (Game 2)
Red Sox 2, Mariners 3 (11 innings)
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)