Jul 2, 2012, 10:55 AM EDT
We noted yesterday that the Braves have signed Ben Sheets. Hey, he used to have something, let’s see if he still has something again. No harm, no foul.
Except now we learn that Sheets will get all of two rehab starts and, assuming his arm doesn’t disintegrate, will join the Braves rotation by mid-July. Atlanta’s starting pitching has been a weakness all year, beset by injury and mediocrity, but I didn’t feel like things were so bad that they were reanimating corpses and plugging them in a week after the All-Star break.
Oh well, I won’t worry. Because I think the odds favor his arm actually disintegrating over him actually being a starter the Braves will depend on to turn a somewhat frustrating season around.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)