Jul 2, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
Lance Berkman has been on the disabled list since late May after having surgery to fix a meniscus tear in his knee. Joe Strauss reports, however, that he’s not far from returning.
Joe Strauss: Berkman thinks he’s going to be back shortly after the All-Star Break and doesn’t think he’ll need a rehab stint.
— Tim McKernan (@tmckernan) July 2, 2012
That’s good news. Berkman was hitting .333/.429/.571 in 13 games. Of course, Allen Craig and Matt Carpenter have been pretty awesome in his stead. Better news for the Cards would be if some starting pitchers came back.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)