Jul 2, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
Lance Berkman has been on the disabled list since late May after having surgery to fix a meniscus tear in his knee. Joe Strauss reports, however, that he’s not far from returning.
Joe Strauss: Berkman thinks he’s going to be back shortly after the All-Star Break and doesn’t think he’ll need a rehab stint.
— Tim McKernan (@tmckernan) July 2, 2012
That’s good news. Berkman was hitting .333/.429/.571 in 13 games. Of course, Allen Craig and Matt Carpenter have been pretty awesome in his stead. Better news for the Cards would be if some starting pitchers came back.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)