Jul 2, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
Lance Berkman has been on the disabled list since late May after having surgery to fix a meniscus tear in his knee. Joe Strauss reports, however, that he’s not far from returning.
Joe Strauss: Berkman thinks he’s going to be back shortly after the All-Star Break and doesn’t think he’ll need a rehab stint.
— Tim McKernan (@tmckernan) July 2, 2012
That’s good news. Berkman was hitting .333/.429/.571 in 13 games. Of course, Allen Craig and Matt Carpenter have been pretty awesome in his stead. Better news for the Cards would be if some starting pitchers came back.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (83)