Jul 2, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
Lance Berkman has been on the disabled list since late May after having surgery to fix a meniscus tear in his knee. Joe Strauss reports, however, that he’s not far from returning.
Joe Strauss: Berkman thinks he’s going to be back shortly after the All-Star Break and doesn’t think he’ll need a rehab stint.
— Tim McKernan (@tmckernan) July 2, 2012
That’s good news. Berkman was hitting .333/.429/.571 in 13 games. Of course, Allen Craig and Matt Carpenter have been pretty awesome in his stead. Better news for the Cards would be if some starting pitchers came back.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 56
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)