Jul 2, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Gosh, it seems like these things happen every week! Anyway:
Mat Latos is your NL Player of the Week. Latos was 2-0 in back-to-back complete games, while striking out 20 and allowing but a single earned run in each start.
Robinson Cano takes the honors in the AL. He hit .414 with two doubles, four home runs, 10 RBI and five runs scored in seven games including a couple of notable game-winning shots.
I presume we’ll get an announcement about Player of the Month soon. No word on when Player of the Fortnight will be named.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)