Jul 2, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Gosh, it seems like these things happen every week! Anyway:
Mat Latos is your NL Player of the Week. Latos was 2-0 in back-to-back complete games, while striking out 20 and allowing but a single earned run in each start.
Robinson Cano takes the honors in the AL. He hit .414 with two doubles, four home runs, 10 RBI and five runs scored in seven games including a couple of notable game-winning shots.
I presume we’ll get an announcement about Player of the Month soon. No word on when Player of the Fortnight will be named.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 16
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)