Jul 2, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Gosh, it seems like these things happen every week! Anyway:
Mat Latos is your NL Player of the Week. Latos was 2-0 in back-to-back complete games, while striking out 20 and allowing but a single earned run in each start.
Robinson Cano takes the honors in the AL. He hit .414 with two doubles, four home runs, 10 RBI and five runs scored in seven games including a couple of notable game-winning shots.
I presume we’ll get an announcement about Player of the Month soon. No word on when Player of the Fortnight will be named.
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 0
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 21
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 54
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 77
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 35
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (180)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)