Jul 2, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Gosh, it seems like these things happen every week! Anyway:
Mat Latos is your NL Player of the Week. Latos was 2-0 in back-to-back complete games, while striking out 20 and allowing but a single earned run in each start.
Robinson Cano takes the honors in the AL. He hit .414 with two doubles, four home runs, 10 RBI and five runs scored in seven games including a couple of notable game-winning shots.
I presume we’ll get an announcement about Player of the Month soon. No word on when Player of the Fortnight will be named.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)