Jul 2, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Gosh, it seems like these things happen every week! Anyway:
Mat Latos is your NL Player of the Week. Latos was 2-0 in back-to-back complete games, while striking out 20 and allowing but a single earned run in each start.
Robinson Cano takes the honors in the AL. He hit .414 with two doubles, four home runs, 10 RBI and five runs scored in seven games including a couple of notable game-winning shots.
I presume we’ll get an announcement about Player of the Month soon. No word on when Player of the Fortnight will be named.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)