Jul 2, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
Buster Olney has a good reason for that. He’s reporting that the Phillies want “four or five prospects.” Which is kind of crazy given that Hamels would be a rental, what with impending free agency and all. Heck, a lot of teams don’t have four or five legit prospects, no matter what they say.
If this were any other team I’d probably dismiss the notion of a Hamels trade altogether. But Ruben Amaro has made bold moves in the past, both good and bad. If anyone is gonna do something that’s kind of audacious, it’d be him. But really, I’m having a hard time seeing a move being made.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)