Jul 2, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
Buster Olney has a good reason for that. He’s reporting that the Phillies want “four or five prospects.” Which is kind of crazy given that Hamels would be a rental, what with impending free agency and all. Heck, a lot of teams don’t have four or five legit prospects, no matter what they say.
If this were any other team I’d probably dismiss the notion of a Hamels trade altogether. But Ruben Amaro has made bold moves in the past, both good and bad. If anyone is gonna do something that’s kind of audacious, it’d be him. But really, I’m having a hard time seeing a move being made.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)