Jul 2, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
Buster Olney has a good reason for that. He’s reporting that the Phillies want “four or five prospects.” Which is kind of crazy given that Hamels would be a rental, what with impending free agency and all. Heck, a lot of teams don’t have four or five legit prospects, no matter what they say.
If this were any other team I’d probably dismiss the notion of a Hamels trade altogether. But Ruben Amaro has made bold moves in the past, both good and bad. If anyone is gonna do something that’s kind of audacious, it’d be him. But really, I’m having a hard time seeing a move being made.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17