Jul 2, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
Buster Olney has a good reason for that. He’s reporting that the Phillies want “four or five prospects.” Which is kind of crazy given that Hamels would be a rental, what with impending free agency and all. Heck, a lot of teams don’t have four or five legit prospects, no matter what they say.
If this were any other team I’d probably dismiss the notion of a Hamels trade altogether. But Ruben Amaro has made bold moves in the past, both good and bad. If anyone is gonna do something that’s kind of audacious, it’d be him. But really, I’m having a hard time seeing a move being made.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 2
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 12
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles