Jul 2, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
Buster Olney has a good reason for that. He’s reporting that the Phillies want “four or five prospects.” Which is kind of crazy given that Hamels would be a rental, what with impending free agency and all. Heck, a lot of teams don’t have four or five legit prospects, no matter what they say.
If this were any other team I’d probably dismiss the notion of a Hamels trade altogether. But Ruben Amaro has made bold moves in the past, both good and bad. If anyone is gonna do something that’s kind of audacious, it’d be him. But really, I’m having a hard time seeing a move being made.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)