Jul 3, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Duke right-hander Marcus Stroman and the Blue Jays have agreed to a $1.8 million deal that’s the exact slot amount for the No. 22 overall pick, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
Baseball America ranked Stroman as the 10th-best player in the draft and ESPN.com rated him 17th, and he’s a very intriguing prospect because his mid-90s fastball comes from a 5-foot-9, 185-pound frame.
He started at Duke and put up huge strikeout totals, but the Blue Jays may be tempted to move him to the bullpen and if that happens Stroman could reach the majors in a hurry.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)