Jul 3, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
After five months in jail, Louise Neathway has her bond money. The alleged stalker of Yankees general manager Brian Cashman might have gotten it the old fashioned way, though.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office claimed Tuesday the bond money might be the result of Neathway shaking down her mother. As a result, it’s still unclear whether she’ll be released.
If her bond is rejected, she’d be 0-for-2 in extortion attempts to date.
With her bond set at $300,000, Neathway has been in jail since January. She’s charged with stalking and extorting Cashman following what she claims was a nine-month affair. Prosecutors say Neathway stalked Cashman and got him to pay her $6,000 by threatening to damage his reputation.
Last week, Neathway claimed that Cashman had a fake ID created for her so that she could get an abortion anonymously.
“Not only did Mr. Cashman obtain a fake ID for me in the name of Rosalita Gonzalez, he also took care in finding a clinic to provide the abortion service and car service for me on the day of the procedure,” she said then.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 36
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)