Jul 3, 2012, 10:44 PM EST
After five months in jail, Louise Neathway has her bond money. The alleged stalker of Yankees general manager Brian Cashman might have gotten it the old fashioned way, though.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office claimed Tuesday the bond money might be the result of Neathway shaking down her mother. As a result, it’s still unclear whether she’ll be released.
If her bond is rejected, she’d be 0-for-2 in extortion attempts to date.
With her bond set at $300,000, Neathway has been in jail since January. She’s charged with stalking and extorting Cashman following what she claims was a nine-month affair. Prosecutors say Neathway stalked Cashman and got him to pay her $6,000 by threatening to damage his reputation.
Last week, Neathway claimed that Cashman had a fake ID created for her so that she could get an abortion anonymously.
“Not only did Mr. Cashman obtain a fake ID for me in the name of Rosalita Gonzalez, he also took care in finding a clinic to provide the abortion service and car service for me on the day of the procedure,” she said then.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 64
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)