Jul 3, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
After five months in jail, Louise Neathway has her bond money. The alleged stalker of Yankees general manager Brian Cashman might have gotten it the old fashioned way, though.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office claimed Tuesday the bond money might be the result of Neathway shaking down her mother. As a result, it’s still unclear whether she’ll be released.
If her bond is rejected, she’d be 0-for-2 in extortion attempts to date.
With her bond set at $300,000, Neathway has been in jail since January. She’s charged with stalking and extorting Cashman following what she claims was a nine-month affair. Prosecutors say Neathway stalked Cashman and got him to pay her $6,000 by threatening to damage his reputation.
Last week, Neathway claimed that Cashman had a fake ID created for her so that she could get an abortion anonymously.
“Not only did Mr. Cashman obtain a fake ID for me in the name of Rosalita Gonzalez, he also took care in finding a clinic to provide the abortion service and car service for me on the day of the procedure,” she said then.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)