Jul 3, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
After five months in jail, Louise Neathway has her bond money. The alleged stalker of Yankees general manager Brian Cashman might have gotten it the old fashioned way, though.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office claimed Tuesday the bond money might be the result of Neathway shaking down her mother. As a result, it’s still unclear whether she’ll be released.
If her bond is rejected, she’d be 0-for-2 in extortion attempts to date.
With her bond set at $300,000, Neathway has been in jail since January. She’s charged with stalking and extorting Cashman following what she claims was a nine-month affair. Prosecutors say Neathway stalked Cashman and got him to pay her $6,000 by threatening to damage his reputation.
Last week, Neathway claimed that Cashman had a fake ID created for her so that she could get an abortion anonymously.
“Not only did Mr. Cashman obtain a fake ID for me in the name of Rosalita Gonzalez, he also took care in finding a clinic to provide the abortion service and car service for me on the day of the procedure,” she said then.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 0
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 13
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)