Jul 3, 2012, 10:44 PM EDT
After five months in jail, Louise Neathway has her bond money. The alleged stalker of Yankees general manager Brian Cashman might have gotten it the old fashioned way, though.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office claimed Tuesday the bond money might be the result of Neathway shaking down her mother. As a result, it’s still unclear whether she’ll be released.
If her bond is rejected, she’d be 0-for-2 in extortion attempts to date.
With her bond set at $300,000, Neathway has been in jail since January. She’s charged with stalking and extorting Cashman following what she claims was a nine-month affair. Prosecutors say Neathway stalked Cashman and got him to pay her $6,000 by threatening to damage his reputation.
Last week, Neathway claimed that Cashman had a fake ID created for her so that she could get an abortion anonymously.
“Not only did Mr. Cashman obtain a fake ID for me in the name of Rosalita Gonzalez, he also took care in finding a clinic to provide the abortion service and car service for me on the day of the procedure,” she said then.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit