Jul 3, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
There are guys who started bench-clearing brawls who didn’t get this much time off:
Diamondbacks television play-by-play voice Daron Sutton will remain on suspension for this current home stand, which runs through Sunday.
Senior Vice President of Communications Josh Rawitch said Sutton will not broadcast any of the club’s remaining games heading into the All-Star break. Rawitch declined to say whether Sutton would return following the All-Star break.
One gets the sense that there is more going on here than just the dress code thing we’ve heard about.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)