Jul 3, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Jose Lobaton had a busy Monday, as the Rays backup catcher got married in a morning ceremony at Tropicana Field and then was starting behind the plate against the Yankees.
Jose and Nina walked up a red carpet to the plate, as teammate Carlos Peña and his wife, Pamela, stood up for them, and a notary did the honors.
Lobaton went 0-for-3 with a strikeout but, you know, whatever.
Hopefully the newlyweds found a more traditional locale for the honeymoon.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 26
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 84
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 15
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)