Jul 3, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Jose Lobaton had a busy Monday, as the Rays backup catcher got married in a morning ceremony at Tropicana Field and then was starting behind the plate against the Yankees.
Jose and Nina walked up a red carpet to the plate, as teammate Carlos Peña and his wife, Pamela, stood up for them, and a notary did the honors.
Lobaton went 0-for-3 with a strikeout but, you know, whatever.
Hopefully the newlyweds found a more traditional locale for the honeymoon.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 56
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)