Jul 3, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Jose Lobaton had a busy Monday, as the Rays backup catcher got married in a morning ceremony at Tropicana Field and then was starting behind the plate against the Yankees.
Jose and Nina walked up a red carpet to the plate, as teammate Carlos Peña and his wife, Pamela, stood up for them, and a notary did the honors.
Lobaton went 0-for-3 with a strikeout but, you know, whatever.
Hopefully the newlyweds found a more traditional locale for the honeymoon.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)