Jul 3, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Jose Lobaton had a busy Monday, as the Rays backup catcher got married in a morning ceremony at Tropicana Field and then was starting behind the plate against the Yankees.
Jose and Nina walked up a red carpet to the plate, as teammate Carlos Peña and his wife, Pamela, stood up for them, and a notary did the honors.
Lobaton went 0-for-3 with a strikeout but, you know, whatever.
Hopefully the newlyweds found a more traditional locale for the honeymoon.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 3
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 35
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)