Jul 3, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Jose Lobaton had a busy Monday, as the Rays backup catcher got married in a morning ceremony at Tropicana Field and then was starting behind the plate against the Yankees.
Jose and Nina walked up a red carpet to the plate, as teammate Carlos Peña and his wife, Pamela, stood up for them, and a notary did the honors.
Lobaton went 0-for-3 with a strikeout but, you know, whatever.
Hopefully the newlyweds found a more traditional locale for the honeymoon.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 19
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 40
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)